As always there are some nasty bits:
- Anyone with knowledge about your assignment cannot participate in the competition. (Some people see this as a 'good' thing. I don't know why :-)
- Developing a good Assignment is not an easy thing and here's why;
- it needs to be fun,
- it needs to be doable in half an hour,
- it needs to have a relation to Java technology and
- you need to spend time to create a full-fledged assignment
Why do it then?
Because your assignment will be played by a horde of sweating, stressed-out Java fanatics and they will see YOUR name and YOUR company's logo
Aside from that there are also some other good bits:
- You will be mentioned at the end of the competition as a contributor.
- There is an Eclipse Plugin available to aid you in developing Assignments.